My husband and I are officially trying to lose the baby pounds. As an avid baker and dessert eater I’ve had to find some healthier alternatives that satisfy those dessert cravings but don’t pack on the pounds. Here is one of my favorites:
No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
- 3 cups old fashion or quick oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey (use local honey if possible)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix everything together
- Form into 1″ balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and voila…they’re done!
- These can then be put into zip lock bags or containers to store in the refrigerator (or freezer for longer term storage). Enjoy!
Original recipe available here.