Sunday nights almost always mean I’m in the mood to cook a homemade meal. But after working all morning and taking a long walk at the park with my family this afternoon it also means I usually want to make something fast yet tasty. This is one of my go-to dishes that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients that we don’t normally already have. Add a side salad or veggie and you have a tasty dish without the hassle of being homemade. Also as a side note, the goat cheese flavor isn’t over powering and is good for even your pickiest eater.
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat free half & half
- 4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. linguine, cooked to al dente
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Begin boiling water and cook linguine about 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil 7 minutes or until tender.
- Pour in half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
- Chop bell peppers into large pieces and place into sauce along with parmesan cheese. Stir to melt cheese and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into food processor and puree, or use an immersion blender. Place back into hot pan and toss with cooked pasta.
- Top with more parmesan cheese, and parsley, if desired and serve immediately.
Yield: 3 large servings